Wednesday, January 4, 2017

PAINTING #2: Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days - Franz Kline




I am taking part in Leslie Saeta’s “ Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge”.

I have chosen the NEW YORK SCHOOL as my theme.  CLICK HERE to learn more about it.

 


Today’s quote from one of the New York School artists:

“I paint not the things I see but the feelings they arouse in me.         

                                                  
Franz Kline (1910-1962) was an American abstract expressionist artist who was born in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. 3 Franz Kline, known as one of the first “action painters”,  is most famous for his black and white abstractions, which have been likened variously to New York's cityscape, the landscape of his childhood home in rural Pennsylvania, and Japanese calligraphy.2
          
ORANGE OUTLINE (1955) Franz Kline

                       
I looked on bing.com for a painting to include in this post and here’s a snapshot of the first screen,




His work might look like JUST black and white paint to you, but each of his paintings evokes a different emotion in me. I can’t always explain what I am feeling but if we hooked me up to a monitor a physician would be concerned with how my heart raced!



My Painting from Day 2 of the challenge inspired by his quote:

8x10 framed



A few detailed photos

Does my painting arouse any emotions in you?

 Please check in tomorrow when I plan to go a bit brighter!



Sources and great reads:
  1. https://www.artsy.net/artist/franz-kline




I hope you will join in, you can jump in at any time. I'd love to see what you create!

As Leslie says, It's about getting in to the studio to try new things. It's about painting more often. It's about having fun and developing new habits!”

If you want to join in just visit her website where she explains everything! #30paintingsin30days

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...