Monday, January 2, 2017

PAINTING #1: Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days - Willem de Kooning



I am taking part in Leslie Saeta’s “Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge”.

I have chosen the NEW YORK SCHOOL as my theme.  CLICK HERE to learn more about it.

My painting from Day 1 of the challenge -

8x10 framed

Available for purchase



A few detailed shots




“What you do when you paint, you take a brush full of paint,
get paint on the picture, and you have faith.”
                                                    - Willem de Kooning


That pretty much sums it up. When I start a piece I don't usually know where it will go. I am just along for the ride.  Sure, I have a favorite color palette, and chances are pretty good I will include a good amount of black and white paint. Other than that, it really is just having faith in the process. As time go on you learn to trust it. But to be honest some days my faith wanes.





Willem de Kooning (1907-1997) was a Dutch-American abstract expressionist artist who was born in Rotterdam, Netherlands, and moved to New York in 1927.1 After Jackson Pollock, de Kooning was the most prominent and celebrated of the Abstract Expressionist painters. His pictures typify the vigorous gestural style of the movement.2








            Kill the Curator by Willem de Kooning






Stay tuned for Day 2.





Sources









I hope you will join in, you can jump in at any time. I'd love to see what you create!

As Leslie says,

It's about getting in to the studio to try new things. It's about painting more often. It's about having fun and developing new habits!”

If you want to join in just visit her website where she explains everything! #30paintingsin30days

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...