Tuesday, October 16, 2012

REVEAL DAY: Mismatched Earrings Swap!

It's reveal day for the MISMATCHED EARRINGS SWAP hosted by Diana Ptaszynski of Suburban Girl Studio. 

THIS one WAS fun!
I was so-o-o lucky and got matched up to swap with our hostess, the Royal Nerdness herself,  Diana Ptaszynski!

In addition to being a really zany chick, she is a real sweetie and just happens to be a fab ceramic artist! I love her glazed goodies :) And guess what? The earrings she sent me are dripping with them!

Although she has lots of goodies in her repertoire, my favorites are her pieces made with the copper patina glaze! Teal-y greenish with a hint of rusty-brown!
Yum, yum, yummy!






BUT the swap story doesn't end there....

NOW MY turn.


When I contacted Diana to find out some things she liked or didn't like she told me "I'm open to anything! " ..oooh you sure? I can get pretty crazy when I am let loose?! "YUP" ,she said!

In our many convo's Diana had told me about her love of all things nerdy, dorky and just plain quirky! She also had been talking about how much she was looking forward to attending FaerieCon next month where she would be attending the bad faeries ball dressed as Medusa!  (WTHeck?!!)

So I took her lead and began researching this whole faerie thingy.  And then the Medusa thing...

Want to see what I came up with? I just bet YOU DO!  :)
You have to travel to New Jersey to see them -  But I promise you they ARE mismatched and something ONLY a self-proclaimed weirdo would wear...Diana says she likes them - I REST MY CASE!  :)

                 CLICK HERE FOR THE EXPRESS to Diana's Blog!



Thanks Diana for hosting this blog hop and for being a great partner. I had fun and received some really cool earrings..WIN-WIN!!

Let's see what the other artists did with this challenge -


Diana Ptaszynski http://www.suburbangirlstudio.com    MY PARTNER!

Lisa Liddy http://www.lisaliddy.wordpress.com















Charlene Jacka  http://clay-space.com/blog



















Shelley Graham Turner  YOU ARE HERE!


 
 

14 comments:

Diana P. said...

Thanks for participating Shelley and thanks for being an awesome swap partner!

Unknown said...

I love these and yes I also have a thing for any of Diana's beads!! I also so love what you created for her she is going to rock at FaerieCon!

Unknown said...

So, I can definitely wear Diana's earrings. That kind of mismatched will work for me. I so love what you did for her, just perfect!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh you lucky girl! matched with Diana .... those earrings are gorgeous! wear them in style :)

Wendy said...

Oh yum, these are gorgeous. I also saw the earrings you made, wow!

Alicia said...

LOL, Shelley - your story is funny! I loved both pairs: the delicious one Diana sent you and the Medusa / Fairy one you made for her (she'll be the best adorned Medusa ever!)

Cornerstoregoddess said...

Divine colors and textures. Such lovely earrings.

And is that you with the mustache? I was searching for metal versions of those for my last bead soup!

Shai Williams said...

I just love those earrings and I see what you mean about the colors.

And your medusa earrings are just perfect for a Con.

Skye said...

Oh those a fabulous :) And the ones you made her are so fun! I hope she posts pictures of her in them with her Medusa outfit ;) lol

Karen Mitchell said...

I love the earrings that Diana sent you, great colours! I'm sure the Medusa earrings you sent her will get many comments at the Faeriecon.

Anonymous said...

Love the earrings that Diana sent you and love the ones you made her too!

Kari Asbury said...

Love the earrings Diana sent you...I love all her glazy goodness but that copper patina is a fav! As for those earrings you sent her...wildly perfect, especially for Diana! I can so picture her in them at fariecon looking awesome!

aneri_masi said...

These are sweet :)

The ones you sent are soooo much fun! Loved them!

The ATELIER Handmade said...

The colors are jus fantastic, love these earrings. So summery & cute:0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...