Thursday, March 22, 2012

The MASTER Plan!

So now that I am retired I don't have any time demands on me. I thought that if I had all the time in the world I would be able to get to my artwork...not true. I find a million ways to get distracted - mostly on the computer looking for inspiration. Now I am on overload and have no idea where to start and am overwhelmed, or as I recently read - I'm "hypercreative"!

So here's the beginning of my plan: Each morning I will doodle in my sketchbook for 20-30 minutes, then look at the photo album on my ipad where I save all my inspiration. Once I have this habit in place  I plan to work on trying a new technique one day of the week and then the next day I will create a piece of  art (be it jewelry or whatever!). And so on until I have a lil schedule setup and some discipline built up.

I have alot more work to do but want to take baby steps otherwise I will fail right outta the gate. Anyone have any other advice?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha its now July 18th...that plan lasted about a week! Now i am involved with many swaps and challenges and three Facebook groups. Met loads of new beading friends, started a weekly blog series, signed up to attend Bead Fest next month in Philly and I am always busy in the studio!! STILL need a schedule!! And an assistant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...